Last week I heard a talk on affirmations. Speaking positive, changing the self talk to build up rather than tear down. If I'm honest, many of the affirmations about the universe bringing success my way do not bring me comfort, they feel like wishful thinking. I'm also not someone who is inclined to assign God to the successes of my choice. I suppose this is the realist and maybe the cynic in me. I would, however, like to practice the discipline of affirmation. It sounds right and healthy.
I was still contemplating this when this came to me in a scripture passage read out loud when we met with the church. An affirmation that I can believe and hold to. My recent journey with essential oils caused this familiar verse take on new meaning.
"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble,
whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is
admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such
things."(Philippians 4:8 NLT)
