"Most senseless of all is the incredibly fast pace of living that robs everybody of everything but their unwanted fatigue." When I first read this sad statement describing the American lifestyle, it caused me to stop and take a good look at my life and what I was doing with my time. As a result, I made the commitment to simplify my life in any way I could, take a good look at my priorities, and to determine what was really important to me and to God.Consequently, the daily-grind type of stress that Chuck Swindoll calls "the tyranny of the urgent," the kind that comes with overcommitment and living the hurried lifestyle, has eased considerably.
But there are other kinds of stress that come from living in a world where Jesus promised us that we would have suffering. He said, "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world" (John 16:33b).
Because we live in an imperfect world, this kind of stress can "hit us from the blind side". We may feel shocked, hurt, or sad. We may even find ourselves questioning God.
Oswald Chambers said, "The things we try to avoid and fight against – Tribulation...Suffering...Persecution...are the very things that produce abundant Joy!"
to read complete article by Tillie Marchaman..go to ...Just Between Us